Friends in Charleston #2


Actually I think I got the timeline wrong... but whatever, not important hahahahahaha.


The next day we went to a brunch place called Eli's Table. I was feeling REAL cruddy this day and really needed something warm and hearty, but tbh, this place wasn't good at all.



Ordered a tea that made me feel a little bit better...


I don't know if it's passive aggressive- racist Charleston waiters or something, but we got really cruddy service. I'm pretty sure it was 50% accident and 50% on purpose. The waiter was really standoffish and condescending towards us. He got both of my friends' orders wrong, but didn't apologize at all for it. Instead, the cook came out and apologized for the waiter and gave them their orders. But... the cook dropped the food all over the table (which is totally an accident!!) and we were super okay with it. My friend also got free grits, which we thought were complimentary because of all the mishaps, but was actually another serving mistake... Usually, my friends are really tolerant with anyone in the service industry because they all work in the service industry as well, but the waiter was really kind of off putting. Tbh, the food wasn't crazy good either. :/


Next, we went to the Charleston City Market to look around the big tourist spot!


The Charleston City Market is a place where you can find local arts and crafts as well as souvenirs and Charleston knick-knackeries. 





omg timy animals... 


I got too excited about small babies... 


Little Iron men pumping iron. *insert smirk emoji here*


Because E-dawg and I are super addicted to coffee, and I was pretty much dying by mid day without coffee, we decided to stop by a coffee shop on the way to King Street. I think this place was City Lights Coffee, but don't quote me on it. 



My coffee was super strong, but the interior was super hipster-grunge and casual. Kind of like a modernish- Central Perk (Friends).  


HAHAHAHA. okay, next we headed over to King Street to do some shopping. We came across a Louis Vuitton poster with a Final Fantasy character on it... LV too good for humans ya'll.
 



This was some kind of super- honey store... with a honey bar with honey wine and honey beer and honey tasting and honey everything... but I'm not a big fan of honey hahahahahaha



This was taken at Urban Outfitters. King St. has some pretty good shopping with modern ultra hip stores like Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, and of course, Forever 21 (joke af guys).


We somehow wandered off to a free art gallery offered by the local college.


Then to a fancy af hotel-restaurant-shopping building.



I thought this old guy sitting in the middle of all those stairs was the cutest and funniest thing ever. Like why was he even sitting straight in the middle? Why not just the bottom if he wanted to rest? Why not the top if he was coming out of the building? hahahahaha. I think he caught me taking pictures of him and he took the struggle bus trying to get up.  Mb.



Got some Belgian Gelato to satisfy my ice cream needs.


This is (near) Water Front Park. The damn gnats attacked us the entire time and I lost my appetite for my gelato and threw a good fourth of it away :'(.

Long post, but this was when we really tried to go through some of the main spots of dt Charleston. :)

Thanks for reading,

Becca.

Comments

Popular Posts