Friends in Charleston #1




My friends visited me here in Charleston a couple weekends ago! :)

It was during their Spring Break, and I was super excited to see them obv. I never really explored Charleston because I'm not so sure the other kids here want to do that with me, and I don't want to drive downtown (or anywhere else for that matter); so this was my first time really getting a good look at dt Charleston myself. 

Charleston is a smaller city, with a more relaxed and rustic vibe. It's a completely different tempo from the bigger city of Atlanta. It was nice to walk around and take a good look at the city.


Anderson Cooper Bridge on the way to Isle of Palms
boats boats boats!

They arrived a little after I got off from work on Thursday. We went to the Boat House on my boss's recommendation. I figured we could head over to the beach after dinner because we were close anyways.


The aesthetic of the place was really nice! But I think it would be better sometime in the Summer so that the windows wouldn't be covered in ugly plastic.

E-dawg

Saaf (is not his real name fr)

Steak & Lobster with French Fries and gouda Mac and Cheese

Fried Calamari as appetizer


The food was pretty good, but we all agreed that we thought it was a little under seasoned. Tbh, the highlight of my meal was the mac and cheese hahahahaha. We paid a pretty hefty price for what I think was just averagely cooked food. However, I really enjoyed having dinner with friends I love at  a fancy beach restaurant.

After dinner, where we stuffed ourselves full, we headed over to the Isle of Palms beach. What sucked was that the weather was so bad. It was predicted to rain heavily all weekend, so I was pretty bummed out. The Wednesday of the same week reached almost 90 degrees, but it got pretty chilly over the course of one day...

I was going to put a filter to make it prettier, but I thought I should just post how crappy the weather really was. :(


Me sporting my bomber I wear literally every day.



I waited forever for this shot and it was ugly.
Like fr, I was so disappointed the weather sucked so much. All I got to do was dip my feet in some cold ass water. :'( We took some pictures, but headed home pretty soon because of the crappy weather. 

After IOP, Saaf decided he wanted to go to a hangout one of the other interns was hosting. However, the hangout was pretty lame because it was on a Thursday (St. Patricks day!). There weren't that many people considering it was St. Patricks day. Charleston is a big drinking town, so I was definitely expecting some people out on the streets, but the streets were mostly quiet. 

All in all, I was pretty disappointed that most of the things I had planned for that day turned out to be a bust, but I enjoyed spending some time with my friends. :) 

They stayed until Sunday, so I will be blogging the weekend in parts, because I took quite a lot of pictures! 

Thanks for reading,

Becca.

Comments

Popular Posts