Cancun Video

Link to the cancun vlog here !!!!!!!

HA. It's been a while since I wrote anything... Last time was after I got back from Cancun in March... oops.

But, this post will be about the cancun vlog,  so it'll be a long one. hehe.

First of all, now that its been about four months since Cancun, I'll try to recall what it was like :')

My last post talked most about the resort, so in this one, I'll talk about the activities we did.

The second day of our trip, we went to Xcaret park, which is a big park where you can do different activities throughout the day. Mostly, you can fit in maybe 3 or 4 activities if you really try and have the energy, but we were wiped out after our second activity.

The first thing we did was the Underground River thing, where you get a jacket and some flippers and swim and float along a 30-45 minute long river. You can relax and enjoy the sun and some cool caves and trees and such. It's really refreshing and cool :') Afterwards, my family (especially me) were seriously drained and really needed some food, so we went to go eat at one of the buffets in the park.

At Xcaret, we got the Xcaret Plus package which included some Plus features like a locker and a ticket to a choice for one of the 3 or 4 buffets available in the parks. I can't really remember what else was included, but it included some other perks too.

After the buffet, we went to sit around and rest at a small beachy area before heading to Sea Trek which is an activity where you wear a really heavy oxygenated helmet and go 20 ft underwater and walk on the bottom of the ocean. :')  The guides lead you through a 30min or so walk where you get to see underwater statues, tons of fish, some rays, and a big turtle :')))))))One thing about this though, is that it made me really anxious the entire time. Even the though the weather in Mexico in March was pretty warm, I was seriously cold throughout the entire walk because of how anxious I was. I felt some claustrophobia, nausea, and the pressure was bothering me more than I thought it would. The oxygen makes it really loud, so you can't really hear anything but your breathing. Because we had eaten right before this, I was seriously trying to keep my food down because of how anxious I was the entire time. My other family members didn't have as much anxiety as I did, but for some reason, I had to constantly focus on breathing steadily and calming myself. o_o. Nonetheless, it was SUPER fun and cool to see all the stuff down there and experience this. :)))) Would totally recommend, but expect some discomfort.

After Sea Trek, we went to walk around and see the other attractions of the park. The park features different areas that showcase Mexico's history and culture. We walked to the Mayan village area where we saw a small ritual show, a small souvenir area, a Pok ta Pok arena, and some showcases of historical mounds and temples. We also went to the huggggeeeee bird cage where theres like a ton (my limited vocabulary.. lol) of different types of birds. Theres also a small 'water fall' kinda thing and some bridges, but its a very nice (and loud) nature walk :))) At the Mayan area, we also saw some traditional graves that were really colorful and pretty. This makes a lot of sense to me, because it felt like they were celebrating the lives of the people who died instead of mourning their loss (although of course the traditional graves that respect the dead also make sense to me, hehe).

My mom slid coming out of the church area..... and tore up her foot and leg. Good thing I had brought neosprin and some bandaids... -_- LOL. One thing that my sister and I noticed on the trip is that now that we were young adults, the roles of parents and children were sometimes reversed. I had packed the neosprin, bandaids, and a whole bunch of snacks from the minifridge of our hotel and my mom was the one that tripped and fell and my dad ate all the snacks because he was hungry during the evening HAHA.

After walking for so long, we were seriously REALLY tired.. LOL. My family is one of low energy. All four of us... LOLLL. Luckily, by then it was around 6pm or so, and all that was left on our agenda was to watch the Mexico cultural and historical show that is included in all tickets to Xcaret and shows every night the park is open. THIS, was a 3 (?) or 2 hour show that showcases the history and culture of Mexico extensively. This is full of dancing and music and a lot of insight to the bright and colorful culture of Mexico. I really thought the amount of nationalism and pride in their country's culture was admirable. The show is really well coordinated and makes you think of the amount of hard work put in to the show. It also made me take a second thought to all of the Mexican immigrants who move to America and get discriminated against, looked down on, and belittled. As an immigrant in the united states, it made me think again about how important it is to keep your own culture as well. But overall, REALLY good show, and was a nice way to end a really eventful and tired day...

We had gone to the park in a shuttle from our resort, Hyatt Ziva, and so we all huddled back into the shuttle after the park and rode maybe an hour or hour and a half or so back to our resort. The Hyatt Ziva is at the end of the small peninsula, so ours was the last stop. Let me tell you, we were WIPED out LOLLL. So tired HAHAHA.


 SO, the next day we woke up bright and early to go to Isla Mujeres. We rode at the Albatroz dock on a small yacht thingy for maybe 2  hours or so. It was so nice to feel the water and get some sun, but it was kinda long LOL. They stopped us at a TBH shitty 'buffet' place, that was tbh, rly shitty. LOL. but it's all good. After that, we went to go to the island itself. We walked around the small island and saw all the shops, but other than that and the beach (which we didnt really want to ride a taxi or walk to) theres really not much to do at Isla Mujeres. Nothing was incredibly memorable except for the boat ride there where the sun was bright and water was pretty B-) Even though I, and the rest of my family members, got sunburnt HEHE. They offer a short stop on the way to the Island to snorkel in the middle of the ocean, but the waves were too strong for my flubby family and I to scuba. We chickened out like 2 seconds after we got off the boat to snorkel. LOLL. On the way back, they stop for maybe an hour or so for people to get on this big sail thing, which is also an exclusively good swimmer/ sporty person thing (not my family LOL). The riders have to jump off the boat, no life jacket, swim a couple feet out to this sail seat thing and hold on for dear life while the strong wind whips them around just to be throw back into the water like a sardine HAHAHA. It was really cool to watch though LOL

We returned to our hotel around 5 PM or so and hung out at one of the three pools at the resort for a while. After, we washed up, took some pictures, and headed to dinner at the Asian restaurant at the resort, which was also surprisingly good. LOL. The resort also offers a smaller version of the show we saw at Xcaret. We also wiped out that night.. :D

The next day was us just checking out of the resort and heading to the small and very busy airport of Cancun. :'))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Recalling the trip from four months later, I can't believe we even went and had such a good time. :') It really was a very good trip and we all had a very good time. Next time, I think we'll take most of the time to relax at the resort itself and just chill out and have a good time. :')

Okay, this was a lot longer than I expected, so if you read this essay, good job, I'm proud of you. HAHA.

Thanks for reading,
Becca. 

Comments

Popular Posts