EASY DIY: HANGING FLORAL WREATHS

 


Things to do during quarantine -- Easy DIYs that fulfill my need to be creative and make things without actually taking too long or too much effort. Hahahaha

I don't have any process pictures since I didn't really have any intention of sharing this when I made it. But it's so easy that you don't really need visual help. If you do, feel free to contact me and i'll provide some ;). 

Here are the steps:
 1. Buy a big ol metal ring, mine is usually in the leather goods section of my local Hobby Lobby, but yours might be somewhere else. Mine was about $2 and some change. 

2. Buy a big thing of your favorite fake greens. I don't even know what these were, but I bought the most affordable one during a 50% off sale on all floral things. 

3. Buy a big thing of white yarn. (or whatever color you choose) if you don't like white, and want a more farm-chic vibe, I would go for some tweed-y kind of color.

4. Wrap your yarn all over the metal ring tightly-- this probably took the longest. Tie the ends together. 

5. With some hot glue, or in my case floral wire, attach your greens the way you like!! I suggest you lay them out before you attach them.

6. Trace a nice handwritten font of whatever word you'd like on black cardstock. Some of our contenders were: Joy, Happiness, Happy, Hope, Faith. (you can also just buy pre-cut fancy letters, but that was too expensive for me haha) 

7. Hang the letters by tying thin fishing wire across the hoop. Simply tape the cardstock letters on your wire. 

8. Mine looked a little empty, so I added in some fake roses that I had on hand, feel free to add in any other kinds of flowers. 

9. Hang your hoop on your wall with which ever method you like: nail, command hook, in my case- a PUSH PIN (I hang everything with a push pin..)

That's it. :) 

Let me know if there's any questions or clarifications I can make. hahaha. :) 

Hopefully see you on my blog later... I hope to keep up with it more, but I know that hasn't been true in the last 4 YEARS. :) 



Comments

Popular Posts