Week in Review

My last week in review:

Well, mostly my weekend ha.

On Wednesday, the other interns took me out for bogo wings :') The title picture is a picture of the Charleston Sky during Sunset.

Downtown Charleston was pretty and cute. Really photogenic I think.

The real fun started Friday night. :))))))))) I was super excited because I was going home for the weekend for the first time in a month! I planned a bus trip back because I thought I would prefer it over driving. However, I really had doubts nearer to the start of the trip because of the ratchet bus station in a cruddy part of town. However, I was still ecstatic about going home :)

Sunset from Bus view


 The bus ride wasn't all that bad. It was really just the inefficient travel length and the sketchy people at the bus stations that got to me. The second I stepped off the bus, I smelled the sweet ol' smell of weed (Sarcasm)... It was actually really strong, and on an empty stomach, made me very nauseous. Nonetheless, the car ride back home was really cool. I had never realized how much I love Georgia and Atlanta and I-85 that much. I loved the small city view. I loved the busy highway. I kept smiling out the window because of how I had missed the city so much.

Compared to Atlanta, Charleston is really lame (no offense, hahaha).

I love Georgia so much. :')

Needless to say, I absolutely loved being home. I had missed my dog, my family, and my friends so much. I arrived around midnight so I had a quick bite to eat of dumplings and bread and cream puffs my sister had made :') This blog post might as well just be this emoji: :') :') :''''''''''))))

 The next day, my friends took me out to the city. My friend S* told me he'd been stressing about where to take me the entire week. We were planning on going to a cool, local BBQ joint, but some national cheerleading competition ruined our plans. There were just too many cars and too many little girls with too much make up on (basically call me a rapper now, I sound like Frank Ocean{not a straight up rapper ik}).

We ended up roughing through the traffic and going to our next destination: Ponce City Market. All the way there I appreciated my city :').  


Ponce City Market


S* in front of Atlanta: Highway outlined


Didn't record the artist. 


 Ponce is a well known place amongst the Atlanta hipster scene. It was really cool! I felt like I was in New York again :') We went to a couple of stores that might as well have been art galleries. We ate at a Mexican (?) restaurant at the food hall called Mineros and ate some yummy salsa and burritos. We also had popsicles from King Pops (? idr). Only my friends S* and J* could come because my other friends had work and surgery (!!!).

After Ponce, we headed over to pick up some quick coffee for our friend's house we were going to next. We went to a close Octane Coffee Bar:
Rly enjoying the girl's smile on the right. She makes me happy. If you, girl, are ever reading this and want this taken down, please tell me. But I enjoy you. ;)
Mocha


 Octane was also a really cool scene to be at. The atmosphere was really crisp and the coffee was warm. The windows in front of us had some really funny captions on it, but I can't really recall the specifically funny ones. I really just enjoyed this time together with my friends. :')))))

Afterwards, we went over to our friends E*'s house to deliver the coffee and chat before I headed off to have dinner with my family. I would've been content even if we had chilled at someone's house all day, but I just really enjoyed spending the day with my friends. I enjoyed more the time I spent at my house eating Korean BBQ with my family.

I also cut my hair!!!!! It used to almost touch my belly button, but now it hits my collar bone. I haven't had hair this short since 8 years ago!!!!!! I think I like it. A tribute for my long hair will come in soon enough :')

My car didn't get wrecked when I got back :') I also appreciated my dad driving me back.

All in all, a very good weekend. I'm sad I couldn't uphold my tradition of Chocolate Roulette and dinner for Valentines with my friends, but still a great weekend. :::::::) I can't wait to go back.

I really can't wait. !!!!!!

Thanks for reading,

Becca.


PS. I've been listening to Kanye's new album on repeat for hours but I can't choose a favorite and still have a hard time linking song titles to songs. Ha. Me and my relationship with rap music.

PPS. I might get a new camera!!! But with personal financing goals, it'll probably be three weeks till I can get one. But looking forward to possibly having a new hobby and definitely better pictures!

PPPS. My hands got really sweaty typing this post and now there are beads of sweat on my laptop... (gross? :'))

Comments

Popular Posts