DIY Dream Catcher / Necklace Display



Let's get right down to it. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to DIYs. I love them, but I'm lazy.

Making a Dream Catcher is probably one of the better looking and effortless DIYs out there. My thing is always trying to use things that are already in my house with minimal buying.



Things you'll need:
  • Thin Metal Ring from your local crafts store
  • String/ Thread/ Yarn- whatever you want your dream catcher feel like
  • Feathers
  • Ribbons
  • Other things to dangle off of your dream catcher



I used to be super into making bows and such, so I always have a whole bunch of ribbon lying around at home. However, you'd probably need to buy some lace or ribbon to spruce up your Dream Catcher.

Everything to decorate your dream catcher is optional, however, I think that most of the nice ones have feathers on them, so I found (?) some at home and also used some old, out of style feather earrings (remember when they were a thing?).

I used a separate tutorial from LaurDIY to create the "base" of the dream catcher. Super simple: wrap string/yarn around the ring, and create as many little tear drop things as you want. After that, it's up you on how to decorate it.

My main decorations came from some necklaces that I have, so it'd double as a dream catcher and necklace display. I alternated in tying a ribbon -- putting a necklace on it-- feathers.

Came out pretty nice if I do say so myself. ;)
The Final Product: Dream Catcher Necklace Display



Also, here are close ups of the kinds of necklaces I hung:

As always,

Thanks for reading,

Becca


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts